Unfortunately, the positive trend found by the DIHK only partially matches our own impressions from day-to-day experience. Brick-and-mortar sellers, especially wholesalers, face particularly great challenges in setting their companies on a sound basis for the future. Rising costs, especially from longer business hours, and continuing tough competition with an increasing concentration of market participants, are countered by only slight growth in consumer demand. Internet sellers are enjoying very high growth rates in some fields, but in many cases are still looking for a sustainable business model. The issues are as diverse as the forms of commerce and the sizes of the companies involved – so it goes without saying that there’s no one-size-fits-all solution.
With our extensive practical experience in advising commercial firms, we view ourselves as a partner who speaks your language and knows the kinds of tasks you face. We can work with you to develop solutions for your business-management, tax and legal questions, all the while keeping an eye on the big picture – your company’s growth.
Our services at a glance
- Developing franchise concepts, and implementing their legal, tax and business administration aspects
- Reviewing terms of purchasing cooperatives; setting up a “clean team” where applicable
- Business management consulting, e.g., on optimizing purchase prices
- Legal and tax structuring of split-ups into interlocking owner and operator businesses (including split-ups where the owner and operator entities are both partnerships) so as to separate business properties
- Cooperative arrangements in purchasing, administration and sales/distribution, including joint ventures
- M&A transactions, with special attention to features specific to commerce (asset deals, valuation of inventories, retail permits, etc.)
- Business valuations for transactions and in business successions, on a corporate law basis or under standardized valuation methods
- Antitrust reviews taking account of sector-specific market definition criteria