With their neutral, outside perspective, supervisory boards and advisory boards can often profitably contribute a different view of the company as a whole and of its development opportunities than what managers caught up in day-to-day business are able to see. This also offers a way of gaining new expertise and ideas for the company by involving experts with experience in your field.
Where the law is otherwise silent, the foundation for a successful supervisory board or advisory board is a clear delineation of rights, obligations and tasks. As an advisor to medium-sized businesses, we can assist you in word and deed with setting up a supervisory body, and in organizing all aspects of its activities – not least of all, compensation.
To enable supervisory or advisory boards to perform their oversight function fully and efficiently, our advisors will provide you with all the important information and recent developments in corporate governance – a topic that was originally a major point of interest mainly among large corporations. But the advantages of good corporate governance are also transferable to medium-sized businesses.
Our services at a glance
- Assistance with setting up a supervisory board or advisory board
- Advising on questions about the independence of supervisory board members
- Independence reviews for new members
- Preparing, conducting and follow-up for meetings of supervisory or advisory boards
- Assisting the supervisory or advisory board with its duties, especially monitoring:
- The financial reporting process
- The internal control system
- The effectiveness of the risk management system
- The effectiveness of the internal auditing system
- Preparing the report on the internal control system and risk management system for financial reporting
- Preparing the report on corporate management and the declaration of conformity under the Corporate Governance Code
- Drafting legal agreements with members of the supervisory or advisory board
- Organizing a compensation system, including tax aspects
- Advising the supervisory or advisory board on matters of corporate governance
- Support for the supervisory board or advisory board in legal disputes